- To understand commercial considerations involving offshore wind and the integration of hydrogen into a new generation of mega projects
- The market opportunity
- To understand practical risks and opportunities associated with the production and use of offshore wind and potential production of hydrogen
- To learn about real-world projects integrating offshore wind and hydrogen
This Course Includes:
- Access to all three sessions each lasting approximately three hours
- All session recordings & any course materials covered during the course
- Interactive format with dedicated Q&A sections with the trainer
- Flexible access on any device
- A certificate of attendance after full completion of the course
A three session course led by an industry expert exploring the challenges and opportunities for stakeholders and those interested in entering the emerging supply chain – the potential rewards are huge, do not be left behind.
As we move towards a zero-carbon future, floating wind and the potential integration of hydrogen promise to transform the energy sector. Combining these technologies can revolutionise the way we think about extracting energy; transport and energy storage – creating a new economic infrastructure and supply chain where huge opportunities await.
The three session course is led by Charley Rattan, a respected international hydrogen and offshore wind expert and energy insider and thought leader. With over 25 years’ real-world renewable experience and a track record of successful major project delivery, Charley is a trusted strategic advisor to global energy companies and an advocate and facilitator for the emerging innovation energy market.
Setting the scene
- Where are we now with floating offshore wind?
- The Sector deal and UK government commitment
- Regulatory requirements, planning and policy issue
Enter Floating Wind
- The remote nature of floating sites and the implications
- ScotWind – Supply chain tectonics with floating wind a key player
The Rise of the Megaprojects
- Integrated technological approaches for Floating Wind – Hydrogen
- Pros and Cons of floating wind – and hydrogen
- The New entrants to the offshore wind market and their green hydrogen ambitions
- Practical integration challenges floating wind with Hydrogen
- Net Zero floating wind and green hydrogen
How? What? Where?
- Westkueste and the JV approach to de-risking innovative and complex projects
- SHYP and PosHYdon Innovation using seawater
- CrossWind Shell et al floating solar integration
- DolpHYn – case study, a deep dive end to end floating technologies
Clusters Scaling Up Floating Wind and Hydrogen
- Innovation in operations and maintenance for floating wind projects
- Offshore electrolysis
- Within-turbine electrolysis
- Bespoke net zero vessels
Floating wind, Offshore assets and the Energy Island Concept
- From ocean to customers and industry
- Deep dive, Project Tampen – five oil fields combined with a floating wind array
- Floating turbine innovation including Tetraspar
- Dynamic cabling
- Floating electrolysers?
- Oil and gas involvement – learnings
- Floating offshore wind, hydrogen, and in combination
- Project governance
- Lessons learned
- Through blue to green?
Floating Wind @ Hydrogen – to the customer
- LNG learnings
Floating Leasing Rounds
- Scotwind q1 2022
- Lessons learned
- Next steps
- Review & final questions
Meet the Trainer
Charley Rattan is a UK based offshore wind business advisor, trainer and highly experienced former energy project manager. He delivers practical global offshore wind and hydrogen business advice, problem solving and training. He is currently advising and mentoring companies engaging with the global energy transition with a focus on offshore wind, floating offshore wind and hydrogen.
Passionate about renewable energy and previously worked for Shell, Eon and SSE consenting hundreds of MW of wind energy assets. With a reputation for effective communication and managing complex, sometimes controversial projects that are delivered on time, safely and within budget.