Onshore wind trends
- A review of market growth and key deployment trends, current and emerging.
- The changing competitiveness and market fit of onshore wind.
- Challenges facing onshore wind in a “post-subsidy” electricity market, including integration costs.
Risks & returns
- Understanding the financial model and its key variables; including performance, costs & financing structures.
- Illustration: a simplified, Excel-based financial model.
- Selling onshore wind: auctions, utilities, corporates & markets.
- Opportunities for revenue maximisation and diversification, including arbitrage and grid services.
Integrating onshore wind into the power system
- Policy trends, including differentiating “subsidy” from “support” (and why it matters).
- System integration challenges on different timescales, from seconds to seasons.
- Wind + storage: applications, project examples and technology options.
- Planning & investment considerations.
Project design innovations
- Getting bigger: the implications of deploying ‘offshore’ turbines onshore.
- Co-locating wind projects with other energy projects, for example solar PV.
- Onshore wind within community microgrid projects.
- A review of other emerging trends to watch.
Risk & Project Development
- The end-to-end process of creating an onshore wind farm, including realistic timescales (and influences).
- Identifying key points of risk, along with their impacts.
- Understanding grid planning and requirements, including the impact of new project designs.
Permitting & The Rochdale Envelope
- Incorporating uncertainty and strategic thinking into the planning & permitting process.
- Scenario mapping and testing to define cases for consent.
- Stakeholder management and guidance.
- Arriving at a final, risk-minimised project design
- “Buildability” and the factors that determine it.
- Construction and the supply chain, including how these are altered by the inclusion of new innovations.
- Risk mitigation and key contracts.
- Identifying the impact of key market, development and construction failures on the operational phase.
- Reducing O&M risk: innovations and best practices.
- Repowering or decommissioning: policy, planning and implementation.
An onshore wind opportunity & risk checklist, from business planning to practical delivery.
Your company can benefit from this training now.
This course can be delivered alongside events, your office or any global location.
Call Charley 07702 023 354
for an in-depth discussion and tailoring training to your requirements.