Milestones are set out in a 4 part plan.
12 Key elements are:
· Employment and economic growth
· Grid balancing and storage
· Transport including busses, HGV’s and rail
· Residential and commercial fuel
· Hydrogen is already used for example as already a feedstock for ammonia
· Aviation fuel feedstock
· Can help as a reducing gas metal and cement industries
· Currently hydrogen is mostly used in refining process
· Steam reforming to green trajectory
· The US Pathway is technology agnostic report, so long as hydrogen production is sustainable
· Long term storage is geographically well placed and often near to hydrogen for ammonia sites making it very amenable
· 14 % of US energy requirement will be met if the roadmap is followed
Projected growth of the US Hydrogen economy
The Road Map is available at: www.ushydrogenstudy.org.